Twin cities honored the memory of Navy Ensign James W. Haverfield at Uhrichsville City Park. Haverfield, a Uhrichsville native, died in the sinking of the USS Arizona during the Japanese surprise attack on the U.S. naval base at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii on Dec. 7, 1941. He was the first Tuscarawas County resident to die in WWII.
Eastport Elementary fourth grade participated in the memorial service, singing "The Star Spangled Banner."
Al Landis State Representative House District 98
Awards of Excellence
-2103-2014 Grade A
- 2011-2012 Excellent with Distinction Rating
- 2009-2010Excellent with Distinction Rating
- 2008-2009 Ohio'Supterintendent School of Promise
- 2007-2008 Ohio's Superintendent School of Promise
- 2006-2007 Ohio's Superintendent School of Promise
- 2005-2006 Ohio's Superintendent School of Promise
- 2004-2005 Ohio's Superintendent School of Promise
- 2003-2004 Ohio's Superintendent School of Promise
- 2009-2010 Buckeye Best Silver Award
- 2007-2008 Buckeye Best Bronze Award
- 2006-2007 Buckeye Best Silver Healthy School Award
- Outstanding School of the Year 2008 from American Red Cross.